Near St Siméon
As you will discover, there is plenty to see and do in the surrounding area. The property is ideally situated as a central base for touring. The North and West coasts and Le Mans are easily accessible as a day trip. There is a train service from Laval which takes you directly into Disneyland Paris.
Visit the large market at St Hilaire du Harcouet for fresh farm produce and gifts. A short drive will take you to the market towns of Gorron and Ambrières les Vallees where all of your provision needs can be met. St Fraimbault is the premiere ville fleuri (village of flowers) of the region and is only 4 km away, a wonderful family day out with flowers and a beautiful huge park surrounding a boating lake.
Throughout the summer many of the villages have fetes and attractions demonstrating the rural French way of life in true joie de vie fashion. The surrounding area gives opportunities for cycling, fishing and canoeing and is on the edge of the Normandy Maine Regional Park.
Within easy travelling distance by car are the following:
- Normandy Beaches - long, sandy beaches- 1 hour 30 minutes.
- The D-day landing beaches are 2 hours away with their fascinating museums and the poignancy of the many war cemeteries.
- Bayeux – The Tapestry is an un-missable glimpse into the history of the Norman Conquest – 2 hours.
- Mont St.Michel – The famous monastery and town - 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Suisse Normand - an area of hills, gorges and rivers, popular with walkers, fishermen, climbers and canoeists. - 30 minutes.
- Falaise - Medieval castle, birthplace of William the Conqueror - 30 minutes
- Granville - Seaside resort on the west coast of the Cherbourg peninsula - 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Deauville and Trouville - Coastal resorts and Casinos- 2 hours
- Alencon – Department capital for The Orne departement, with historic buildings and very large weekly market - 45 minutes.
- Fougéres – Saturday market, good shopping centre and the Largest mediaeval castle in europe.
- Vitre – Historic mediaeval town.